LFA will hold an "e-learning day" tomorrow, January 30 to allow students to participate in classes virtually. Homework due tomorrow must still be turned in on time and assignments for each C-day class will be uploaded online. Students are expected to complete those assignments by 4 p.m. tomorrow. Some teachers may still hold class via Google Hangout or another video- chatting platform during scheduled meeting periods. Teachers will notify students of expectations and directions for each class via email.
Additional details are below:
- The Chamber Concert scheduled for tonight has been postponed and we will announce a new date.
- Tonight's Target Run has been cancelled.
- Athletics games for today are still scheduled to happen, but please check our athletics calendar for the latest updates.
- The Writing Center, Media Commons, and Student Union will be closed tonight and tomorrow night, and boarders must be checked into their dorms by 8 p.m. on both nights.
- No sign-outs will be allowed after 6 p.m. tonight until Thursday.
- Brunch will be served in the dining hall from 10:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m., and dinner will be served from 4:45 p.m. until 6 p.m.
- LFA offices will remain open tomorrow and Thursday.
We anticipate holding classes on Thursday and will follow a D-day schedule. It will be a "free dress day" so that everyone can be warm and comfortable. We will run shuttles around campus to minimize walking outdoors, and hot beverages will be available in the Garden Room all day.
We hope you and your family stay warm and safe. Please contact Assistant Head of School and Dean of Students and Academic Affairs, Chris Tennyson, with any questions.