Every year, the Parents Association hosts a Parent Ambassador Training Session with LFA's Deans Council. Please use the link above to see FAQs from the deans.
Check the calendar of events to see all that is going on at LFA
- 2020-2021 Major Events Calendar - PDF
- 2021-2022 Major Events Calendar - PDF
- Parent Events
- Full LFA Website Calendar
Department Specific Events
Parents Association Purpose Statement
The purpose of the Association is to advance the mission of the Academy; to promote the education and welfare of its students and to unite our efforts with the entire Academy family; to facilitate and enhance communication within the parent community and between parents and the faculty, administration, and trustees of the Academy; and to facilitate parent involvement in social, educational and fundraising activities.
LFA offers various opportunities for parents and guardians to engage with our community. Members of the Parents Association, as fellow parents, understand and respect differences in available time, interests, and scheduling constraints. Therefore, there is a volunteer opportunity to fit every schedule!
Below are some examples of various roles:
- Ambassador Families for International Students
- Ambassador for New Families
- Student Life Committee Membership
- Team Parents and Athletic Liaisons
- Fine Arts Liaisons
- Academy Fund Parent Volunteer
- Volunteers and Chairs of events such as the Spring Gala, Harvest Hope, and the Faculty & Staff Appreciation Event
For information about any volunteer activity at LFA, please contact Director of Parent Relations & Giving Leigh Ann Jacobson.
*Please note that you will need to log in to access our volunteer contacts page.