- Future Health Center
- Health, Wellness, and Community
- Naming Opportunities
- Make a Gift
- Frequently Asked Questions
Lake Forest Academy has announced plans to re-purpose 4,500 square feet of space on the lower level of New Hall to relocate and expand the school’s Health Center. The $1.4 million project* will allow the Academy to move the Health Center from its current location on the second floor of Reid Hall to a more physically-accessible space and expand care services. The school’s Board of Trustees approved the plan and announced a fundraising campaign, culminating with Gala 2022, to underwrite the new comprehensive Health Center.
The Health, Wellness & Community Program at Lake Forest Academy provides opportunities to guide each student in the development of insight about community, participation, leadership, wellness, and self. By focusing on a central question each year and utilizing The Search Institute’s Asset-Building as a foundation, students have the opportunity to further the depth of insight about themselves, their place at LFA, and their place in the world. These questions all lead into the cultivation of character, scholarship, citizenship, and responsibility.
Health Center Naming Opportunities
- New Hall Re-Naming: $1 million
(will provide for building maintenance and other upgrades)
- Health Center (physical/psychological): $500,000
- Infirmary (physical health): $250,000 RESERVED
- Furnishings and Equipment: $150,000
- Wellness Garden: $100,000 RESERVED
- Group Gathering/Classroom: $100,000 RESERVED
- Entrance Lobby: $75,000 RESERVED
- Lounge: $75,000
- Lab: $75,000 RESERVED
- Student Resting/Overnight Room (2 RESERVED; 2 available): $50,000
- Staff Resting/Overnight Room: $50,000 RESERVED
- Mental Health Resting Room: $50,000 RESERVED
- Exam Room (1 RESERVED; 1 available): $50,000
- Health Center Director’s Office: $35,000 RESERVED
- Nurse and Counselor Office (4 RESERVED; 0 available): $25,000
Q: What is the project cost?
The estimated cost for this project is $1.4 million to renovate space and furnish the health center. In addition, a modest facility endowment will be created to fund future equipment and facility maintenance.
Q: What is the timeframe for completion ?
The LFA Board of Trustees unanimously approved this space repurposing and renovation at its November 2021 meeting and further identified this project as the fundraising focus for the Academy’s annual Gala, to be held April 30, 2022. The renovation planning has begun with expected construction in the summer/fall of 2022.
Q: How will the money be raised to pay for this project?
Proceeds from the 2022 fundraising Gala in April will underwrite the Health Center. In addition, the Academy will seek major gifts totaling to fund the remainder of the project and, if feasible, establish an endowment for ongoing Health Center expenses.
Q: Will donors have an opportunity to name spaces in the new Health Center?
Yes. The entire health center and the building (New Hall) may be named for a donor or in honor or memory of a loved one. Additional naming opportunities include the Wellness Garden, exam rooms, lab, nurse offices, group space, etc. Please contact the LFA Advancement Department for more details.