Madeline '23 received The President’s Volunteer Service Award for the Gold Teen category for completing 100+ hours of philanthropy service for this past year. Madeline's philanthropy services hours covered a wide range of important causes, which include but are not limited to:
- Hope for the Silent Voices, a pilot mentoring program with a student in Cambodia who is a victim of trafficking
- Making thank you notecards for students so they could practice their handwriting skills
- Writing notes to the bus drivers who were still delivering their lunches during the pandemic
- Making lunches for the homeless
- Making Halloween goody bags for patients at UI Health
- Picking up unsold food from the Jewel supermarket to deliver to the local food pantry.
Madeline is a member of the National Charity League, Wilmette Chapter, the non-profit organization that certified her hours of service which were completed by March 31, 2021.
Read more about the award and the program here.