We look forward to working with you throughout the application process. The Admission and Financial Aid Deadline for the 2020-2021 application year is January 15, 2020.
Please let us know if you have any questions and if there is anything that our office can do to help!
- Student Essays
- Character Skills Snapshot
- Athletics and Arts Supplement
- Applicants to grades 9 and 10: Students should take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Lake Forest Academy’s SSAT school code is 4450; please request to have official scores sent directly to Lake Forest Academy from SSAT.
- SSAT also offers the Character Skills Snapshot, which measures eight essential character skills: resilience, open-mindedness, responsibility, teamwork, social awareness, self-control, intellectual curiosity, and initiative.You are able to take this assessment free of charge after you register for SSAT. Please read more about the assessment here.
- Applicants to grades 11 and 12 and post-graduate candidates: Students should take the PSAT, SAT, ACT-Plan, or ACT. Scan or fax a copy of these scores to the Admission office.
- International Applicants: In addition to one of the tests above, international applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The TOEFL code for Lake Forest Academy is 8161; please request to have official scores sent directly to Lake Forest Academy from TOEFL.
Transcripts/academic records are required from the past two consecutive years of schooling. Official transcripts should be sent from current/past schools to LFA’s Office of Admission directly.
Parents should also complete the Confidential Records Release Form and submit it to the applicant’s current school (please also send a copy to Lake Forest Academy’s Office of Admission).
Applicants are asked to provide three letters of recommendations:
- English Teacher
- Math Teacher
- School (Principal, Counselor, Advisor)
Letters of recommendation must be completed by current teachers and school official.
Please note, recommendations are available to be shared with teachers and school officials after your application has been submitted. These recommendations are not available prior to the submission of the application. To access our application portal click here.
The essays give you the opportunity to tell the Admission Committee who you are and what is important to you. These are helpful for the Committee to get to know you and better understand your fit at LFA.
We have provided the essay prompts below. However, applicants must complete the essays in our application portal after your application has been submitted.
- What attracted you to Lake Forest Academy and why do you want to attend?
- What would you like the Admission Committee to know about you as a student or as a person when considering your application to Lake Forest Academy?
- Choose one global issue and tell us why it is important to you.
All Lake Forest Academy applicants must be interviewed by a member of the admission office. The Office of Admission must receive the online General Application before an interview can be scheduled. Please call 847-615-3267 to schedule an interview on campus. If you do not live in the Chicago area, we can conduct your interview via Facetime or Skype.
Character and personal growth are an integral part of a Lake Forest Academy education. Grades and test scores just don't tell us the whole story of your child. The Character Skills Snapshot gives us richer, holistic information and illuminates areas where Lake Forest Academy can help your child grow and thrive. We strongly recommend your child take this assessment in order for our Admission committee to get a clearer picture of your child as a whole. The assessment is free of charge after you register for the SSAT and can be accessed through your SSAT portal. Please contact the Admission Office with any questions. Access your SSAT portal here.