The Admission Office looks forward to working with prospective students throughout the application process. The Admission and Financial Aid Deadline for the 2020-2021 application year is January 15, 2020.
Please contact the Admission Office with any questions and if there is anything that the office can do to help!
The Application Form is the first document required to begin the application process. By submitting the Application Form, all other required materials for the application will become available on the online portal. The Application Form must be submitted in order to schedule a Shadow Day and interview. To access the portal, please click here.
If the applicant has not created a portal login yet, they must fill out the Pre-Application form first.
- Applicants to grades 9 and 10: Students should take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Lake Forest Academy’s SSAT school code is 4450; please request to have official scores sent directly to Lake Forest Academy from SSAT.
- SSAT also offers the Character Skills Snapshot, which measures eight essential character skills: resilience, open-mindedness, responsibility, teamwork, social awareness, self-control, intellectual curiosity, and initiative.You are able to take this assessment free of charge after you register for SSAT. Please read more about the assessment here.
- Applicants to grades 11 and 12 and post-graduate candidates: Students should take the PSAT, SAT, ACT-Plan, or ACT. Scan or fax a copy of these scores to the Admission office.
- International Applicants: In addition to one of the tests above, international applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The TOEFL code for Lake Forest Academy is 8161; please request to have official scores sent directly to Lake Forest Academy from TOEFL.
Transcripts and academic records are required from the past two consecutive years of schooling. Official transcripts should be sent from current and past schools to LFA’s Office of Admission directly.
Parents should also complete the Confidential Records Release Form and submit it to the applicant’s current school. Please also send a copy to Lake Forest Academy’s Office of Admission.
Applicants are asked to provide three letters of recommendations:
- English Teacher
- Math Teacher
- School (Principal, Counselor, Advisor)
Letters of recommendation must be completed by current teachers and school official.
Please note that recommendations are available to be shared with teachers and school officials after your application form has been submitted. These recommendations are not available prior to the submission of the Application Form. Access our applications portal here.
The essays give applicants the opportunity to tell the Admission Committee who they are and what is important to them. These are helpful for the committee to get to know them and better understand their fit at LFA.
Essay prompts are provided below. However, applicants must complete the essays in the applicant portal after their application form has been submitted.
What attracted you to Lake Forest Academy and why do you want to attend?
- What would you like the Admission Committee to know about you as a student or as a person when considering your application to Lake Forest Academy?
- Choose one global issue and tell us why it is important to you.
All Lake Forest Academy applicants must be interviewed by a member of the Admission Office. The Office of Admission must receive the application form before an interview can be scheduled. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-615-3267 to schedule an interview on campus. If an applicant is unable to come to campus for an in-person interview, the interview can be conducted via FaceTime or Skype.