Facilities

Alumni Stadium

(pictured above)

Alumni Field was dedicated 10/19/57. It was underwritten by Col. Robert R. McCormack, editor and publisher of Chicago Tribune.

In 2005, the Academy completed a 5-year-long project to improve the outdoor athletic facilities on campus. Some highlights of the initiative include the following:

Track
  • Resurfaced and widened, now accommodation 6 full-sized lanes (7 on the straighaways)
  • Triple/Long jump was moved from the sideline of the track/football field complex to the north end, opening up football field space
  • High-Jump area was squared off and area size increased
Baseball Fields
  • Resurfaced and pitched at a 1-degress slope to prevent puddles infield was completely redone
  • Two new dugout areas, a new steel-fencing backstop, a bullpen, and a practice pitching mound were added
Soccer, Softball, Field Hockey Fields
  • New irrigation and drainage systems were installed on the softball and soccer fields
  • All fields have been raised, reseeded, and re-sodded

Many of the improvements to the athletic fields were funded through proceeds from the 2002 and 2003 spring fund-raising Galas, popularly known as the “Fund the Fields” initiative.

The school’s high-quality athletic fields are used by many outside clubs and organizations, including the Chicago Fire professional soccer club

Crown Fitness and Wellness Center

The two-story Crown Fitness & Wellness Center opened in the fall of 2010 and houses a student athletic commons, multi-purpose room, state of the art weight training and fitness center, located in front of Glore Memorial Gymnasium, opened on October 25th, 2010. In conjunction with the Fitzsimmons Athletic Wing, the Crown enhances the Academy's ath;letic program by providing a modern indoor practice place for students. The center also includes a commons, where students can socialize with one another before and after daily practices. The Crown Fitness and Wellness Center contains:

  • The Morrison Fitness Center
  • Muti-Purpose Room
  • Departmental staff offices
  • Conference room
  • Athletic commons area
  • Vending area

Fitzsimmons Athletic Wing

The James P. Fitzsimmons Athletic Wing opened on October 30th, 2009. Situated in front of the MacKenzie '50 Ice Arena, the Fitsimmons provides a much-needed space were students and coaches can hold team meetings and congregate before and after games.

The James P. Fitzsimmons Athletic Wing contains:

  • Locker rooms (8)
  • Meeting rooms
  • Concessions area
  • Athletic offices
  • Training room
  • Laundry facilities

Glore Gym

Charles F. Glore Memorial Gymnasium and Field house was dedicated 4/25/53. The swimming pool opened in November 1959. Significant improvements were made to the Glore Memorial Gym and swimming pool during the past two years. The pool was repainted and the chemical and pumping systems were replaced and upgraded. A new pool balcony was constructed as a part of the Glore Corridor project.

Mackenzie Ice Arena

Lake Forest Academy is the only high school in the state of Illinois with its own ice rink on campus. There are three hockey teams at LFA – a Prep team, Men’s Varsity, and Ladies’ Varsity. Prep hockey is a two-season sport at LFA, and runs from August through February.

Contact Us

1500 West Kennedy Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045
(847) 615-3210

powered by finalsite