We look forward to working with you throughout the application process. Please let us know if you have any questions and if there is anything that our office can do to help!
Please be aware that recommendation letters, student essays and parent comments are only available after the online application has been submitted. If you have already applied and need to check your application status, log in through our application portal.
February 1st was our application deadline. We are currently reviewing applications on a rolling basis, depending on space availability. Please contact our office if you have any questions!
Complete the general Online Application as soon as you decide to apply to LFA. Submission of this form initiates the application process.
Our application is powered by SchoolAdmin and can be found here.
- Applicants to grades 9 and 10: Students should take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Lake Forest Academy’s SSAT school code is 4450; please request to have official scores sent directly to Lake Forest Academy from SSAT.
- Applicants to grades 11 and 12 and post-graduate candidates: Students should take the PSAT, SAT, ACT-Plan, or ACT. Scan or fax a copy of these scores to the Admission office.
- International Applicants: In addition to one of the tests above, international applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The TOEFL code for Lake Forest Academy is 8161; please request to have official scores sent directly to Lake Forest Academy from TOEFL.
Transcripts/academic records are required from the past two consecutive years of schooling. Official transcripts should be sent from current/past schools to LFA’s Office of Admission directly.
Parents should also complete the Confidential Records Release Form and submit it to the applicant’s current school (please also send a copy to Lake Forest Academy’s Office of Admission).
Applicants are asked to provide three letters of recommendations:
- English Teacher
- Math Teacher
- School (Principal, Counselor, Advisor)
Letters of recommendation must be completed by current teachers and school official.
Please note, recommendations are available to be shared with teachers and school officials after your application has been submitted. These recommendations are not available prior to the submission of the application. To access our application portal click here.
The essays give you the opportunity to tell the Admission Committee who you are and what is important to you. These are helpful for the Committee to get to know you and better understand your fit at LFA.
We have provided the essay prompts below, however, applicants must complete the essays in our application portal after your application has been submitted.
1) Describe an experience at school in which you were confronted with a difficult or interesting challenge. Which of your personal qualities (motivation, organization, creativity, etc) did you rely on to meet this challenge?
2) What attracted you to Lake Forest Academy and why do you want to attend?
3) What would you like the Admission Committee to know about you as a student or as a person when considering your application to Lake Forest Academy?
4) Choose one global issue and tell us why it is important to you.
All Lake Forest Academy applicants must be interviewed by a member of the admission office. The Office of Admission must receive the online General Application before an interview can be scheduled. Please call 847-615-3267 to schedule an interview on campus. If you do not live in the Chicago area, we can conduct your interview via Facetime or Skype.