Caxys on Campus
Happy 148th Anniversary, Ferries!
Ferry Hall alumnae and LFA faculty gather in the Kalnow Commons in the Ferry Hall dormitory
on campus on Sept. 22, 2017, for a Ferry Hall Day lunch celebration.
Pictured are (l to r): Suzy Vaughn (history teacher and Ferry Hall dorm head), Carolyn Gorowski (dean of admission), Lynda Pepper Bollman '72, Linda Parker Garard '73, Terry Hall '67, Head of School John Strudwick, Brooke Wesley Chapman '06 (Ferry Hall Prefect 2005-06), Kennedy Hayes '18 (current Ferry Hall Prefect), and Harriet Arpee Sherman '54.
Today marks the 148th anniversary of the opening of Ferry Hall, the girls' preparatory school that merged with LFA, previously a boys' prep school, in 1974. Ferry Hall and LFA were both established as part of Lind University (later renamed Lake Forest University), and eventually legally separated from what is now Lake Forest College in 1925. We honor the traditions of Ferry Hall every year, such as Move-Up Day, and we also name a prefect as a Ferry Hall representative. This year's FH prefect, Kennedy Hayes ’18, gave a speech at the annual Ferry Hall Lunch during Reunion Weekend.
We celebrated Ferry Hall Day by wearing yellow and white offering yellow cookies outside the Dean of Students Office. We also had the great opportunity to be visited by some of our "Ferries" in the afternoon. Check out the pictures taken by Ruth Keyso, our Director of Alumni Engagement!
Choose groups to clone to: