Caxys on Campus
#GoCaxys - Football and Girls Swimming Update
Boys Varsity Football vs. Elkhart Lake-Glenbeulah High School – 8.26.17
Boys Varsity Football vs. Alden-Hebron High School – 9.2.17
In their first game, the football team welcomed Elkhart Lake-Glenbeulah (WI) High School to LFA's Alumni Stadium. Led by new coaches Blake Annen and Mike Buchanan, the Caxys played an exciting game and came away with a 31-14 victory.
This past Friday, the Caxys played their first away game as they faced the Alden-Hebron High School Giants. It looked like it might be a close match for the first quarter, but the Caxys took control in the second quarter and went on to win with a strong performance, ending the game with a 31-6.
It would be tough to mention all the highlights of the past two games, but strong contributors have been Joey Kotlarz ’20, Mike Mesrobian ’18, Donte Sibley ’19, Jamari Edwards ’19, Payton Gryniewicz ’18, Nathan Barnes ’19, and Denzel Annan ’18. A special shout out to Dieter Villegas ’18 who has offered a strong kicking game for the Caxys, and who also had a tackle that forced a fumble in last Friday's game.
The Caxys will try to go 3-0 when they welcome Westminster Christian High School for a home game during Reunion Weekend.
-Director of Individual Philanthropy, Garry Sloan P’19, ’21, on behalf of Coaches Blake Annen and Mike Buchanan
Varsity Girls Swimming @ Highland Park JV Invite – 9.2.17
This past Saturday, the Varsity Girls Swim Team participated in their first meet of the year at the Highland Park JV Invite. It was the first meet for some of the girls and a great start to the season.
The team was split into two levels. "JV 1" ended up placing 5th of the 7 teams (just 3 points behind Waukegan), and "JV 2" took 3rd of the 7 teams in their level.
- •Diana Tlaseca ’18 took 4th of 12 in the 150 freestyle with a 2:16.38.
- •Lorenza Vazquez ’18 placed 2nd of 12 in the in the 200 freestyle with a 2:24.05.
- •Marilyn Wen ’20 took 2nd of 12 in the 50 free with a 34.13.
- •Mia Castle ’20 and Courtney Bradac ’18 placed 1st and 2nd respectively in the 50 freestyle.
- •Sofia Vazquez ’18 placed 1st in the 100 butterfly with a 1:09.66 and 1st in the 500 free with a 6:06.51.
- •Corlene Rhoades ’19 placed 3rd in the 100 IM with a 1:30.96.
- •Mia Castle took 2nd of 17 in the 100 free with a 1:03.76.
The final relay, the 400 free relay, with Sofia Vazquez, Lorenza Vazquez, Julia Knauz ’19, and Mia Castle, placed 1st with a 4:16.60
-Head Coach Natalie Schawel
Choose groups to clone to: